Hyperspring® contact combines our high-reliability hyperboloid contact technology with the mechanical features of a spring-loaded contact, to produce interconnections with improved signal integrity, high current density, and proven parametric stability over time.
This patented arrangement combines a hyperboloid socket with a spring-loaded plunger to provide a compressible contact that ensures very low and stable contact resistance, high current carrying capability, and low wear for extended operation over time. This unique combination offers the possibility to design separately the spring to optimize the mechanical requirements and the socket to optimize the electrical requirements.
Hyperspring® contacts are used in our Snaptac Series where the specific connector design allows reaching IP67 when unmated.
Hyperspring® contacts are available in both magnetic and non-magnetic versions.
The non-magnetic Hyperspring® contacts are a reliable solution for critical medical applications such as MRI docking stations. In these applications they can be arranged in a special grid array layout allowing high speed perfomance.
Features and benefits:
- Reliable connection: mechanical action provided by the internal spring and electrical connection provided by internal pin and socket mating
- Low and stable contact resistance tested up to 100,000 mating cycles
- Self-cleaning contact action in harsh environment
- Easy replacement and maintenance
- Non-magnetic versions available with different contact terminations (SMT, solder cup and straight)
- Suitable for high density applications in the Defence, Medical, and Test & Measurement markets