Tortac® is the evolution of Hypertac® hyperboloid contact design dedicated to high density connectors. Boasting the same unique characteristics of the Hypertac hyperboloid contact on equal pin diameter the Tortac® socket features a smaller pitch that allows for a higher contact density.
The reduced gap between the external and internal diameter of the socket ensures dramatically improved performance in high frequency environments and a steadier interconnection continuity profile.
High power version available for specific technical requirements of the industrial and railway high power applications.
- Higher density with equivalent mechanical and electrical properties of Hypertac hyperboloid contact
- High current handling vs. size
- Single piece design that allows FEA instead of “trial & error” approach for new designs
- High reliability, high resistance to salt spray
- High signal speed thanks to the contact geometry
- Self cleaning action
- Long life