Smiths Interconnect announced today the release of its new Intercompact Series, a light weight, compact signal and ethernet PCB connector solution designed and qualified to provide a stable connection in demanding rail and industrial applications.
The Intercompact Series is Smiths Interconnect’s answer to the rail and industrial market growing demand for compact, high-speed, and reliable connectivity for ECU boxes, in the respect of severe material and electric current requirements.
“The new generation of Electronic Control Unit boxes requires a sophisticated interconnect solution able to support steadily all I/O signals that the advanced devices handle.“ said Mark Kelleher, Vice President and General Manager of the Connector Business Unit at Smiths Interconnect. “The new Intercompact Series is designed to offer a dependable interconnect solution that is more compact than those currently available in the marketplace, offering significant space and weight savings to our customers” he added.
The Intercompact Series is an innovative solution for PCB to PCB and floating mouting rack and panel applications currently offered in both signal and Ethernet versions. Designed to meet the requirements of the rail and industrial environments, it is also suitable for other demanding markets such as defence, space and test & measurement.
The Intercompact Series offers:
- 60 and 41 way signal configurations with Hypertac® Hyperboloid contacts.
- 42 ways signal and 1 or 2 high speed quadrax 100 Ohm contacts as Ethernet versions. Additional contact positions can be offered depending on the specific application requirements..
- Compliance with the main European Railway standards (EN45545-2, NF F61030, EN50155:2017, STM-S-001ind.D and more).
- Compliance with MIL-C-28748 and MIL-STD-202-301 standards and EIA and IEC standards for Contact Resistance and Environmental testing..
- Insulators in Liquid Cristal Polymer material for an optimized insulation resistance in severe environmental conditions.