- Single pole and five pole versions available
- Size 17, single-pole, attains 350A and size 21, single-pole, 500A with high reliability and excellent integrity
- 60A per power line contacts with 2 interlocks (HVIL) for the five pole version
- Simple push lock to mate connector
- Quick release latch to unmate
- “last mate first break” safety interlock system for the five pole version
- 360° EMI/RFI shielding option
- Sealed IPx7 and IP6K9K when mated
- RoHS compliant Black Zinc Nickel, zinc-cobalt plated or nickel-plated shells
The HBB Series is available in both the single and five pole versions. These circular connectors combine high current handling capability with small size and exceptional performance in harsh environments. Designed for use in all types of high-power applications, the HBB series is particularly suitable for electric drives used in fighting vehicles, unmanned vehicles, rail transport and industrial applications.
High currents can be easily transmitted with the smallest possible size: Size 17, single-pole, attains 300 amps and size 21, single-pole, 500 amps with high reliability and excellent integrity; whereas the five pole is available with 60A per power line contacts with 2 interlocks. The HBB has a unique, quick latch mechanism. Beyond just ease of use, this latching feature also provides additional security whilst allowing the end user to group the connectors far closer than other alternatives on the market. The HBB latches simply by pushing the plug until the user hears a click, which is combined with tactile and visual feedback, giving confirmation that the plug is locked. An added benefit of the new five-pole version is that it has even higher safety protection than the single pole. The new HBB includes a “last mate first break” safety interlock system enabling automatic power shut-off when connectors are unmated. Hypertac® hyperboloid contacts produce contact resistance figures as low as 0.03mΩ, which help in reducing resistive losses. This both eases the task of thermal management and allows better power handling in a smaller space with a lower overall mass. The connectors offered in metal shells, sealed to IPx7, feature 360° EMI/RFI shielding and have a polarized design with options that ease assembly allowing simple maintenance and quick changeover.