Features & Benefits
Smiths Interconnect's rugged 2mm backplane connector system is a compliant PICMG Compact PCI standard solution that provides engineers with an advanced interconnect system to address the requirements of mission-critical applications within commercial aerospace, space and defense market segments.
The cPCI connectors utilize the superior Hypertac hyperboloid contact technology, which known for its immunity to shock and vibration fretting. Configured on a 2mm center-line with six rows, the 0.4 mm Hypertac contacts in the backplane provide a current rating of 1 A and data rate performance up to 3.125 Gbps with less than 8 mΩ contact resistance. Built in reverse gender configuration versus COTS hard metric connectors, the system is available with 95 and 110 way version. The solution is fully interchangeable with Compact PCI COTS (commercial off the shelf) systems, complies with IEC 1076-4-101, and it is the only cPCI connectors approved by NASA for spaceflight.
- Interchangeable with cPCI COTS Systems
- Modular design for standard 3U/6U configurations
- Immune to shock and vibration fretting
- Available in NASA GSFC qualified versions
- Reverse gender to commercial 2mm products
- Keying feature for proper mating
- EMI/RFI shielding
- Pitch: 1.0 to 2.0 mm
- Contact Positions: 50 to 100, 101 to 150
- Contact Termination: Press Fit, Straight Through Board Solder (TBS)