- Standard keyed and non-keyed insert arrangements: 2, 4, 6, 8 way; hybrid options available
- Offered with 150 Ohm impedance Data rates up to 6.25 Gbps
- Six-position keyed and non-keyed jack post versions
- Common back shells with a wide assortment of accessories, guide hardware and sealing grommets
- Integrated EMI spring fingers offer superior EMI performance with low contact resistance
- Featuring Sabritec technology
The Fibre Channel D-sub connector series features a multi-finger ground spring fixed around the shell provides a multi-point contact engagement that affords superior EMI shielding. The end result is extremely low contact resistance when measured from the contact outer body to the connector flange. The Fibre Channel D-Sub series also delivers superior performance ensuring minimal RF noise and high durability up to 1,000 mating cycles, while meeting and surpassing all requirements of MIL-STD-202 for shock and vibration.
Offered with 150 Ohm quadrax contacts, the connectors are available with 2, 4, 6 or 8 way insert arrangements. Additionally, D-Sub connectors feature ease of assembly, and a robust and comprehensive training package. To ensure that the correct high speed connectors are mated to address specific wiring requirements and keying functions, a keyed jack post option has been incorporated into the design. The six-positioned post allows for 36 possible keying combinations assuring that the correct Fibre Channel D-Sub plug is mated to the correct high speed receptacle. Non-keyed jack post versions are available as well. Fibre Channel D-Sub connectors feature size 3 quadrax contacts which are 30% larger than the size 9 configuration utilized in the 100 Ohm quadrax, ensuring a matched impedance signal throughout the contact mated pair at 150 Ohm differential impedance. These features ensure that Smiths Interconnect's Fibre Channel D-Sub connectors deliver the critical edge customers require.