Tortac© is the evolution of Hypertac hyperboloid contact design dedicated to high density connectors. Boasting the same unique characteristics of the Hypertac hyperboloid contact on equal pin diameter the Tortac® socket features a smaller pitch that allows for a higher contact density.
The reduced gap between the external and internal diameter of the socket ensures a dramatically improved performance in high frequency environments and a steadier interconnection continuity profile.
- Higher density with same mechanical and electrical properties of Hyperboloid contact
- High current handling vs. size pin’s OD 0.5 [mm] socket’s OD 0.85 [mm]
- Single piece design that allows FEA instead of “trail & error” approach for new designs
- High reliability, high resistance to salt spray
- High signal speed thanks to the contact geometry
- Self cleaning action
- Long life (10’000 mating cycles)