Features & Benefits
Smiths Interconnect offers a complete line of differential Quadrax connectors, contacts, and cable assemblies for high speed Ethernet, Firewire, and Fibre Channel applications. Differential pair quadrax connectors offer superior performance in high speed matched impedance data-on-demand applications. The signal to signal and signal to shield characteristic impedance is maintained throughout the connector pair. Smiths Interconnect offer reverse gender Quadrax contacts to provide a more robust assembly for harsh environment applications. This alternative configuration places the stronger and larger diameter inner socket contacts within the more exposed Quadrax pin contact insulator. The more fragile inner pin contacts are then placed within the Quadrax socket contact insulator minimizing the potential of alignment damage due to mishandling on both sides. With this arrangement, Smiths Interconnect offer the most robust high speed Quadrax contacts available today.
- Matched impedance +/- 10 ohms for 100 ohm Standardized backshells.
- Designed for ease of assembly quadrax construction.
- Full crimp termination.
- Recommended Backshells: M85049/21 (str) * M85049/88 (str) * M85049/89 (45- w/extender)
Smiths Interconnect only recommends the use of backshells that avoid tight bending radial or high compressive forces being applied to cables that may upset the high frequency performance of the connector cable assembly.
Testing Capabilities: Smiths Interconnect's Quadrax and Twinax interconnects are characterized for testing eye pattern, jitter, skew, and insertion loss on differential pair 100 ohm high speed Gigabit Ethernet applications with a wide variety of testing protocols. We utilize the Agilent E5071C 4 port network analyzer to measure the differential pair TDR impedance between Twinax connectors, cable assemblies, and quad cable Ethernet and Fibre Channel interconnect systems ensuring the most accurate acquired signal for high speed communications testing. The E5071C 4 port network analyzer is capable of highly accurate 100 Ohm differential measurements up to 20 GHz and can measure Eye Diagrams up to 16 Gbps.
- Data rates exceeding 2 Gbit/Sec
- Bandwidth: Up to 3 GHz
- Can be driven via matched impedance differential pair interconnections for board to board high speed data transfer
- Ideal for reliable, high-speed transfer of digital audio/aideo signals
- Featuring Sabritec technology
- Shell Material: Aluminum, Alloy
- High Speed Data Filters: Quadrax, Twinax