Features & Benefits
Smiths Interconnect's Nebula Series is a high reliability SATA 6.0 Gbps connector line designed for harsh environment and rugged storage applications within the commercial aerospace, defence and industrial market segments. The Nebula Series utilizes the industry standard PCB soldering footprint ensuring no need to change or modify SATA drive layouts.
The Nebula connector employs the renowned Hypertac hyperboloid contacts as the bedrock of its high reliability providing immunity to shock and vibration fretting and over 100,000 mating cycles. These features combine with current carrying capacity up to 1.5 Amps per contact and low insertion / extraction forces to provide significantly enhanced quality and reliability performance compared with other more commodity connector solutions.
Available for direct mounting to PCB, the Nebula Series supports independent function for all its 22 contacts. It also offers optional quarter-turn locking hardware for faster connector securing and to prevent unintentional separation.
- High speed design: superior signal integrity beyond 6 Gbps
- Utilizes field proven Hypertac contact technology
- Meets mechanical footprint of standard COTS SATA device connectors
- Optional quarter-turn locking feature available
- Straddle, vertical PCB and right angle PCB production products currently available
- All materials pass NASA outgassing requirements