- Conforms to main rail standards: EN 45545, EN 50124
- 2, 6 and 12 way standard insulators
- Original Hypertac® hyperboloid contact (up to 20,000 mating cycles ) and MR contact technologies (up to 500 mating cycles)
- Crimp, straight or bent termination options
- Smart design with integrated functions
- Conforms to main rail standards
- Allows wire sections from 0.5mm² to 2.52 m² (20-13AWG) with hyperboloid contact and wire sections from 0.75mm² to 2.52 m² (18-13AWG) with MR contact
- Shunts available as required
Smiths Interconnect’s REP series multipole, sealed, plastic connectors, provide a quick and secure connection of embedded equipment across a wide range of applications; such as sensors, brakes, lighting, air conditioning, and communications, in the industrial, rail, test and measurement, automotive, public works, and defense industries. The connector is available with the proven Hypertac hyperboloid contact technology which guarantees excellent reliability, even under high levels of shock and vibration and allows up to 20,000 mating cycles and high current rating up to 18 A. REP connectors are also available in the EasyREP version, using MR screw machined contacts and allowing up to 500 mating cycles.
The REP connector range offers two main versions: with crimp termination contacts for cable harness applications and with straight or bent termination contacts for PCB mount applications. Both versions are available in 3 layouts: 2, 6 and 12 ways. The REP Series comes with a shunt accessory enabling electrical derivation inside the connector for transmission of information to different locations. Just one contact is needed for cables with cross sections from 0.5 mm² to 2.5 mm² (20-13 AWG) per the NFF 63-808 and EN 50-306 standards. No specialized tooling is required for mounting, with consequent reduction of supply chain, maintenance and cabling costs.
Furthermore, for easy mounting, the connector includes polarized guides and provides several configurations: cable to cable, clips, front and back panel mount. Connectors are available for delivery as a complete, tested pre-cabled solution according to customers' specifications.