- Mode Free Operation 60 to 65 GHz
- Superior Shielding Effectiveness
- Phase Matched Sets Available (standard tolerance is ± one degree per GHz)
- Light Weight & High Vibration Resistance
- Stainless Steel Connectors Available
- On-demand Solutions According to Customer Specifications
- Subjected to Extensive Space Qualifications
- Mil-Spec Cables RG-402 (per PN: M17/130-RG402) and RG-405 (per PN M17/133-RG405)
The Conformable® or hand formable (BJ - Braided Jacket), has a tin filled braid with a metal foil underlay and is also available in the same diameters as the Semi-Rigid type. Semi-Rigid .047 diameter Semi-Rigid cable is often used as an interconnect without connectors. The exposed center conductor and outer jacket are soldered directly to the circuits being connected.
Several subminiature connectors also mate well with this diameter and are used where space is at a premium and high loss can be tolerated. Semi-Rigid RG405 .086 diameter is the most common size Semi-Rigid cable. This size matches well with miniature high frequency connectors such as 2.4mm and SMP. The use of an aluminum jacket will allow final shaping at the installation site. Smiths Interconnect cable assemblies are Space Qualified and available unbent or shaped to your specifications. Semi-Rigid AL085 086 diameter is the most common size Semi-Rigid cable. This size matches well with miniature high frequency connectors such as 2.4mm and SMP.
The use of an aluminum jacket will allow final shaping at the installation site. Our cable assemblies are Space Qualified and available unbent or shaped to your specifications. 141 Size Family The .141" size is the most popular due to the improved insertion loss over the .085" sized products. The .141" cable offers a good match with most connector types and the .036" diameter center cable conductor can be used as the center pin of an SMA plug type connector with the semi-rigid and conformable versions. These features allow for mode free performance up to 35 GHz