Features & Benefits
Smiths Interconnect's MHD Series is a high density PCB connector mixing signal, power and coaxial contacts. The MHD Series has been designed to resist the high levels of shock and vibrations in the harshest environments of the Commercial Aerospace and Space applications.
The MHD connector is equipped with signal and HE 807 cavities for power and coaxial contacts. With a 0.5mm contact diameter, the series is available from 52 to 400 signal contacts with straight, surface mount tail and 90° termination styles and can support up to 32 power or coaxial contacts (2.00 contact diameter). The metal shell improves system reliability by ensuring high levels of shock and vibration and by eliminating contact fretting, hence reducing wear rates and avoiding system failure and down-times.
The MHD connector is ESA qualified.
The MDD - metal shell connector - is available with a 100 and 200 contacts configuration. The MDP - plastic shell connector - is only available on a 200 contacts layout. Developed in a monobloc receptacle version, the MDP series is a design to cost solution resulting then from a cost reduction of supply chain and assembly time.
- Signal and HE 807 cavities for power and coaxial contacts
- Two housing versions: ruggedized metal shell & plastic shell;
- ESA qualified: ESCC 3401/065
- High density: up to 400 signal contacts
- Pitch: 1.0 to 2.0 mm
- Contact Positions: 50 to 100, 101 to 150, 151 to 200, 201 to 300, > 300
- Contact Termination: Straight Through Board Solder (TBS), Surface Mount Straddle, Surface Mount Termination (SMT)
- Nominal Current: 4A to 7A